Video problems when zooming, etc.

mjunderdog1

Using VW2009 for mac on a late 2008 MacBook Pro, on OSX 10.8.4.

When I don't have my Samsung 22" monitor attached as extended desktop, my drawing goes haywire (losing visibility of most of my drawing) whenever I use the mousewheel or trackpad (2 finger swipe) to zoom in or out. This happens when I'm working on just my laptop, or whenever I'm using an external monitor that ISN'T my home Samsung monitor.

Also, when I do use a hotel flat-screen, even with the external desktop outputting 1080p, the drawing onscreen is badly pixelated. Even with the difference between a 22" monitor and a 42" TV, this should not happen, should it?

I'm using my mini-display port to DVI straight into my Samsung. I've tried using my mini-display to other connectors, i.e. mini-display port to VGA, or mini-display port to DVI to HDMI, on various different monitors (usually hotel flat-screen TVs) and I always have the above mentioned problems.

I don't know if it's my video card. If so, why will it work perfectly fine when connected to my home external monitor?

Or, if my Mac, the mini-display port & VW Spotlight have problems working together with other types of connectors.

Or, if it's a setting within the VW Spotlight program. If so, then, again, why would it work fine with my home setup.

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember, including before I upgraded to new OSX.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

MJ

VW Spotlight 2009

Late 2008 MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT

Edited by mjunderdog1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Vectorworks 2009 isn't compatible with OS X 10.8 unfortunately, so this and quite a few other issues can occur:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1031/Vectorworks+Operating+System+Compatibility+List+2013-06-10

As Kevin said, the large majority of this was addressed in service packs for Vectorworks 2012 and Vectorworks 2013. To be sure that is the case before you get into upgrading though, download and install the demo and see if it behaves as expected.

If it doesn't, make sure to contact tech@vectorworks.net

Edited by JimW