Site model elevation vs 3D contour elevations

Ronin X

Having a bit of a problem getting the right site model elevation.

Here's the issue - have a lot with a building pad at 1014' above sea level. Lot ranges from 945' to 1056' above sea level. We set the 3D contours to accurately reflect real world - i.e. each contour line has real world elevations associated with it.

When I set the site model to show lowest elevation at 945' (lowest real world elevation) we have a site model hovering above the building model etc..

Question 1 - what should the 3D contours elevations be set at so the site model sets up so the building pad at 1014' is sitting correctly on the site model.

Question 2 - does the 'lowest' elevation on the Site Model reflect the real world 'lowest elevation'

Question 3 - does the building's F.F. 0.0 get dictated by the it's layers elevation?

This is always a conundrum. Generally I use the same methodology as you (e.g.: real world elevations), then I set the building's Design Layers "Elevation" (Formerly known as "Z" valuee, or "Base Z") to place the building where I want it on the Site Model. So in your example, try putting the Lower Level (or Main Level) of the Building in it's own Design Layer and set that Design Layer so that its Elevation is 1014 ft...

Thanks for the input. One question remains - what does the Min elevation on the Site model settings identify? does it mean the lowest elevation of the site model regardless of the elevations of the 3d contour lines. Or does it mean the lowest elevation of the lowest contour line. OR WHAT?