No Banquet Table Options in Event Seating (?)

I am trying to insert Banquet Tables and Chairs in a small ballroom (my first time) and the option is not available!

I my resource browser has the symbols--and when I attempt to Create Event Seating, choose Banquet--I get the Table Spacing Option and chair option. But no place to choose any tables! (???)

It creates a Classroom/Theatre layout--and no place in the OIP to add/change the symbol.

It's like the feature has been 'disabled'. And the Help file is useless there.

Ideas?

THX! Preston

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Mare sure there is a current version file containing the seating symbols in :

\Libraries\Defaults\Event Planning\Seating\

You select a combined table and chair symbol in the dialog.

Once you place the seating layout click the "Select Symbol..." button on the Object Info Palette to change the symbol.

Klinzey-thank you... it's there! For some reason I thought that I had before (I was using VW2012 at my former job--and to back-track to VW2010) You selected your 1) Table then 2) Chair.

The F&B Manager of the venue will be utilizing more chairs around the tables--is there a way to customize that? And for the 3D render--cloth colors? I know I had seen that dialog in the past; but can't find it now! (???)

Many thanx! Preston

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can create your own custom tables and chairs and place them in the \Libraries\Defaults\Event Planning\Seating\

Take a look at the existing ones to use as a model. They have a record attached to the symbol so the the command can distinguish between a table and a chair.

The "Customize" button in the Create event seating dialog will let you modify the colors of the tables and chairs.

The stock symbols have attributes applied by class so you can change the class attributes and all the tables and/or chairs will change color.