vw to ifc to solibri

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hm. I don't know what is happening here. The information is written by Vectorworks, here's an excerpt from a simple one-object IFC export from Vectorworks:

#68= IFCELECTRICDISTRIBUTIONPOINT('1CM3yzf$P7TxtXY9Qadfr8',#11,'ObjectName','ObjectLongDescription','ObjectTypeDescription',#50,#67,$,.USERDEFINED.,$);

Arguments 3,4, and 5 in the above IFC line delineate the name, description, and type of the IfcElectricDistributionPoint object. Vectorworks has been certified for its IFC 2x3 export by BuildingSMART international. I think this is just an issue of Solibri not showing the data in the place you expect.

I looked at the IFC file exported by Vectorworks in another IFC browser, Tekla BIMsight, and the fields all showed up as entered. (See picture attachment.)

It may be that the SMC application needs some configuration to show the fields you want?

• 2 weeks later...

hello robert thanks for the reply.

here is what i got from Solibri tech.

"Yes, it was received. Here is the feedback I received from development:

We have investigated the ifc file and checked the video provided by the customer; for the ?Description? SMC doesn?t show description as only few software put much value into it . On the other hand, in order to see information of ?Object Type? it should be exported as a property (this is according to ifc implementation agreement) see below.

I?m quite sure it is possible to export the construction type in the standardized way from Vectorworks. There must also be a way to configure property sets. Most likely he?d have more information to export than just these three. Maybe he should be in contact with Vectorworks. Jeff Oullette (jouellette@vectorworks.net) might be able to help.

So, there should be someway to get these properties out of Vectorworks mapped to the correct IFC properties, but vectorworks would need to be consulted on how this can be done (or if it can be done).

Thanks?let me know if you have any questions.

JD

JD Sherrill

Project Services Manager | Solibri"