UPGRADE COST?

I am pretty sure there is a different price between 8 and 10 and 9 and 10.

There is a matrix on the Sales page. If you enter in your 9 serial number, you will get an upgrade price for that. If you enter in your 8 serial number, you will get a different price for that upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what the logic is to charge registered users of older products different amounts to upgrade. I am one who bought vw9 immediately, had lots of problems and decided that I could not afford the upgrade as a result of lost time and dealing with bugs and fixes. I returned the product withina few weeks. I dont think I will ever upgrade unless I can run a demo of the product.. and I dont care if it prints.. I want to see how fast, stable and productive I can be in the upgraded environment. Once I have determined that the product is a real productivity tool, I will pay for the upgrade and get the printing features.. for example. Without a test drive, I will stick with what is working for us. The actual cost of an upgrade is not significant when compared with the issues dealing with the learning curve and negotiating around buggy software.

Katie. Thanks for the suggestion and all the help... As far as that printing proiblem... I solved it by printing the file as 2 sheets instead on one... I also increeased the scale to get the drawing to fill up the D sheet better. without that... the file would just not print... It was 4+megs. Alss well that ends well.... I will see about a test drive...

I UPGRADED TO VWA 9 FROM VW8.5 AND PAID ABOUT $250 WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT AND LOST A LOT OF TIME WAITING FOR IT TO BE FIXED.(STILL WAITING) BUT WORKED AROUND THE PROBLEMS.

VWA9 HAD A LOT OF NEW AND USEFUL FEATURES AND WAS GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY. (WE PAID FOR IT IN LOST OF TIME.)

NOW VWA10 COST $450 TO UPGRADE!! TOO MUCH MONEY FOR THE TYPES OF NEW OR IMPROVED FEATURES.

KEY PROBLEMS SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED.

LIKE ...

-DOOR & WINDOW SCHEDULES.

-OPENING FILL PROBLEM.

-ISSUE MANAGER.

-PRINT SHEETS.

-LINE THK DEFAULT.

-TEXT SIZE DEFAULT.

-CREATE ANIMATION.

-ROUND WALLS.

THE PRICE FOR THIS UPGRADE SHOULD BE ABOUT $100-$150 OR CHARGE $50 EVERY 12-18 MONTHS / PER UPGRADE.

TECH SUPPORT IS THE BEST DEPT. IN THE COMPANY.

[Confused]

Chris,

Can you please ellaborate on each of those topics so I can look into them for you. I can let you know if they've been addressed or the status of them in the wish list / bug list still.