Window Tool

DE-Tech

I have a query re the window tool, specifically to do with sills. I want to put a projecting sill on a timber window but I want it to be part of the window and therefore included in the window structural opening size and not a "separate" sub-sill which VW seems to treat it as. Any ideas?

You *might* be able to do this by using a negative number for sill height (and multiple other sill components). But I'm not sure how you would then reduce the glazed portion of the window..

You could for sure so it with a custom made window symbol. So if this is something you would use more than once perhaps that would be worth the effort.

There could be another solution of which I'm not aware...

Peter,

Thanks for your comments.

I have tried putting in a negative figure on the sill but as you suspected the rest of the window geometry does not adjust to suit and the bottom window frame section disappears into the sill. In addition to this, rather that attaching itself to the back of the window frame the "timber sill" locks itself to the back edge of the inner face of the wall. I'm surprised that for an element which is such an integral part of any window geometry this arrangement does not appear to be catered for in the window tool settings. It should be possible to use a projecting timber sill in conjunction with a masonry or brick sill rather than just an ether/or arrangement.