PIOs, snapping, and drawing accuracy...

I guess most of you long time users have a work-around to this...but y o y have the team at NNA written all those PIOs without field-testing them? Surely if any autocad users were on the field test board they would have pointed out that accurate drawings are not possible with the PIOs the way they are.

Do this...create a 'detail cut wood' object and place it as a lintle over a door opening; it's actually not that easy...the smart cursor snaps 'align..' aren't useful at all - we need point, bottom left, center etc, so we can place the object in 1 go.

Now Titanium Samurai has suggested (on this board), that the PIO code needs modifying to draw polygons instead of rectangles. I get the feeling he would know, so why don't you guys at NNA - do you have a team of field testers, people actually producing architectural drawings on a daily basis? And if so, maybe you need some newbies like me who haven't come to grips with the software's limitations yet, and who bring other cad software experience.

And btw, why does exporting 3d objects to DWG turn each layer into a block? A VW layer is absolutley NOT a autocad block. There is no similarity in ANY WAY AT ALL - so why?

On a positive note, VW is certainly fast to produce drawings, even if they're not as accurate as I could produce in ACad...