Winding Stair PIO + enclosure

This one has me stumped.

Beginning with the PIO for a siral stair, I change settings so it winds around a interior radius of, say, 4 feet. The stair is set to "standard" style. Since the stair is to be on the exterior of a building I need to enclosed it.

The questions is: How can I have the bottom of the enclosing element precicely terminate in alignment with the bottom of the upward curving stair stringer? (I've tried with a curved wall)

Intersecting Solids in the Model menu yields an error message stating that the action cannot be calculated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mac OS 9.3/G4/VW/VWA 9.5.2

Matthew:I too would like to know how you do that.

On a separate topic. How do you include the graphic in your posting to this forum? In a separate posting, I was trying to desrcribe various elements of a framing plan. It would have been so much clearer to simply draw it and show the drawing instead of describing it in words.

Sorry, I meant to get back to this sooner...

Just like a regular straight wally, curved walls can be reshaped using the 3D reshape tool. All I did was draw the staircase and draw a curved wall. (in arc by 3 point mode) I then went to an elevation view and used the 3D reshape tool to bring one of the corners of the wall up to the staircase.

The only thing to remember is that the wall must be selected when you switch to the 3D reshape tool.

As for the images, anyone can do those, you just have to have a graphics file hosted on a webserver somewhere. Click the "Image" button for the UBB Code required.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support