space tool help

domer1322

I haven't been able to solve this simple task and ask for help. If I have a concept with spaces on one layer, and another concept with spaces on a different layer, how to I generate a schedule that shows the areas of the spaces on only one of the layers (whichever layer I pick ) ?

... that is ... as far as I can tell, the schedules detect every space on every layer, and I need some method of turning off / on spaces on any particular layer so they don't show up in the schedule. I know there is a check box in the OIP for an individual space, but I don't want to go in an check/uncheck 30 spaces each time I want a different schedule.

I'd like to have 2 separate schedules on two (or more) layers but I can't figure out how to do it.

Using VW 2013 on a Mac.

1. Expose the database header. (click on the little triangle in the upper left. select database headers)

2. Right click on the database row header. (i.e., if the database is 4.1 - 4.xx it will be the row header with the diamond and the 4)

3. Choose Edit Criteria....

4. Click on the the More Choices button.

5. Make the new criterion be Layer is ________________

6. Repeat step 1 to make the database header go away.

Now that only the space objets on one layer are represented in the worksheet,

1. right click on the the worksheet in the resource browser

2. choose duplicate

3. give it a new name.

4. repeat steps 1 thru 6 above to change the layer.

hth

mk