Improve Text Along a Path Command

bc

Question

I am creating a vicinity map. I want the text of the road name to follow the road curvatures. So I create the path, run the command and Voila! The text is along the path just fine except VW decides it wants to completely change the text to "outline".

Probably because it must convert the text to a manageable object.

Even if VW has to convert each letter to it's own individual text box, can we please have the "text to remain the same" as an option?

Probably not. Little annoyances like this don't get much attention. Posting out of frustration and in hopes someone has a VectorWorksaround.

2 answers to this question

Probably not. Little annoyances like this don't get much attention. Posting out of frustration and in hopes someone has a VectorWorksaround.

How can an annoyance like this be considered "Little"?

Very little has been done to improve any of the "Annoyances" of any of the "Extrusion Tools" since version . . . . i can't even remember when.

It really is time ALL the Extrude Tools and any variation had a serious shake up! Which probably includes all the 3D Tools.