SOLID FILLS WON'T PLOT

We have several people with files that contain objects with solid fills. When they print the drawing, the fills are empty. However, when I print the same file from my machine, the solid fill plots.The phenomenon has just started recently.This would suggest there is a setting of some sort that is awry.

We generate post script files and send them to the plotter via the internet. However, the problem is in or prior to the generation of the plot file.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

nope. all objects are just simple circles or squares with fills.

we have been using a script called something like print black and white (or something to that effect) that we bought a while back. ( i can't remember who from, probably julian c). regardless, mine will print fine and the others seem to not.

i was merely wondering if there was a setting i am overlooking that would cause such a problem.

thanks, et

The Black and White option under Document Preferences is OK. The script we run to print turns that option on, prints, and then returns you to color. We have tried printing with both black and white backgrounds to see if that made any difference.

I am now thinking it is not a preference. For a day or two, my colleague was able to print solids. However yesterday he had some prints without the fills again. I don't know what could be causing it.It seems to happen randomly.

et

... silly question, but you've tried printing, manually changing the B&W setting first, not using the script at all, right? If so (or not), does temporarily abaondoning the script fix the problem?

OH, one other thing to check. Are these objects printing with NO fill, or just with a fill that is the same colour as the background (check overlapping objects).