Text not inserting properly.

First of all, I'm using Vectorworks 2012, which I only recently bought, on my Mac (10.7.3). Previously I've been using the student edition of 2011 or working in my school's lab which has 2012 on Windows (not sure of the last update, but I know we're on 7).

So, my problem is that text isn't showing up at all. I have a plot that I've been working on (off and on) for a few weeks now. When I got everything installed, I opened the file up, but all of my channeling, unit numbers, and color was missing in addition to no title block text, no notes, no instrumentation key text. The only text that remained are the labels for my light positions. I can't insert new text at all either.

This is the case for everything I open, including new files, no text at all. BUT, if I open the file at school in the CAD Lab everything is fine.

Last night, I updated to the latest service pack hoping that might help, but no dice.

I'm not positive, but I don't think it's a rogue setting, I restored everything to default and that hasn't helped. Any suggestions or help would be genuinely appreciated.

Edited by Ellie Humphrys
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Check the font book on your Mac. Remove any duplicate fonts or fonts that are marked as bad.

After that go the the Vectorworks Preferences\Display and delete the font mapping.

There have been a few people reporting problems with fonts in 10.7.3.