stray arc lines

You will probably find very small pieces of arc with zero drgrees of sweep causing this problem. They can be created when using the trim command twice in the same location cutting an arc or circle or when importing information (particularily polylines with arc information) from Autocad which has a higher degree of accuracy to VW8 which had a lower degree of accuracy. It probably creates something like a of division by zero error within the program.

You can capture these arcs by using a bounding box selection tecnique if the radii are small or using a crossing box if the are large. The remaining problem is how to deselect the items you need to keep, especially if there are large quantities of objects selected.

Or you can do a Fit to Objects command to fit all objects in the file on the screen. If you notice a white space on one side of the drawing, you probably have a circle or arc outside of the drawing logical perimeter.

THe other thing that can cause this is snap to loci if perhaps there is a loci inserted somewhere that you cannot see. If you have Snap to Loci check marked in the VW Prefs, then you can get lines going off in a direction. You can turn this off in the VW Prefs dialog box

In VW 8, if there were arcs or circles way off course of the traditional drawing, it could throw of the print and produce results similar to the ones you are having.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

First of all I'd like to say that it's very nice to be here on the boards.

My query is probably a common one...

an architectural drawing i did recently using Vectorworks 8 plotted with strange, thick lines projecting from almost every arc in the drawing. There seems to be at least two of these lines per arc. I have tried printing the drawing three times now and each time it comes out with new lines. Absolutely none of these lines are viewable on screen. They simply appear in the printed version.

Can anyone help with this annoying problem. It would be much appreciated.

ps. I am using a HP Designjet 430 plotter.

Thank you.