Seating Layout Dimension Error.

OK, so if I know that the venue I intend to be working in has a rule that says no more than 16 chairs per row, and the chairs are 50cm wide, then I can safely say my seating sections will be no wider than 8 metres, yes?

But when I tell VW2012 Spotlight that, it puts 14 chairs per row, and throws my seating count out by 12.5%, but only when I use certain chair symbols, bleachers are 14 per row, stacking chairs are 16 per row.

I didn't have this problem in an older version at a previous employer. Is there something I am missing to get VW to do what I tell it to?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Dave Rennie
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There was a change several versions back to correct a problem with the seating area.

In older versions only the insertion point of the seating symbol had to be within the seating area. This lead to seats being placed outside of the defined seating area blocking isles that were created or seats being placed in walls.

Currently the seats must fit entirely within the defined seating area. If any part of the bounding box of a seat symbol would fall outside of the seating area the set will not be placed. This means your seating area has to be slightly larger than the actual area covered by the seats.

Kevin