Sample RenderWorks Batch

Assembly

Question

I find with the renderwork Settings, I'm using a lot of time making adjustments to settings, waiting for the render to generate to see what the effect is. It is the rendertime that is consuming.

Give us a batch set up dialog that allows the set up of mulitpule renders- then output a jpg with the settings over the top.

That way we can set up a batch to run over night

2 answers to this question

What I do is set up multiple viewports (either all on one sheet or on separate sheets, depending on how I want to compare), set the rendering/lighting for each viewport, (but don't render them) then Export > PDF (Batch) with "update visible out of date viewports prior to exporting" selected. Then go to sleep, and in the morning I have my renders all done and waiting for me ... then I toss 90% of them, and wind up with one or two I like.

Of course, you have to add a title bubble or something describing the main setting you're testing. The pain is if you want to view all the settings you have to drill down into the Render Settings dialog box. So it's hard to compare multiple settings for multiple viewports. It's been years since I did any scripting, but it may not be too hard to create a vectorscript that automatically prints all the light and render settings for a viewport somewhere on that viewport.

Not exactly what you are looking for but a workaround ...

Monadnoc

Edited by Monadnoc