Wall join problem

Ken

Despite NNA's claims that wall joins are improved (in the very simplistic "what's new video"), it's still broken. Simple problems remain.

How do you join this without manual hacking?

[img:left]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4054/walljoin.jpg[/img]

That's an easy one:

* First join the two vertical walls together so that their end points are at the bottom of the two horizontal walls.

* Then T-join the two horizontal walls to the upper vertical wall.

* Problem fixed.

You can use a column for that.

Unfortunately, the object must be a wall object for symbol insertion with half wall breaks. Column or pillar workarounds also get too unwieldy for modifications, so I keep them to a minimum.

Forum discussion note:

Why don't you delete the repeat image in your quote so it's less of an eyesore? We are, afterall, experts at graphic communications in our essence, are we not?

... Column or pillar workarounds... I keep them to a minimum.

You just have to use a column at the join, the rest can stay a wall.

If you don't want to use columns, you can always use a symbol in one of the walls.

No. Like I said, I do use pillars as workarounds IN MINIMUM to avoid other problems, one of which is the appearance of seams. Why don't you answer my other post about the corner wall situation? Click this link:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161435#Post161435

Besides, you don't seem to notice my example where I've simply hacked the wall manually and inserted a little line segment. It's a quick workaround. So you believe a pillar object is FASTER, SIMPLER, or somehow BETTER?!