Constrain proportions option in OIP

VincentCuclair

Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks Mike, I know but I can't get it to be a specific size that way. Using shift and entering values in the data bar doesn't seem to work either.

I use the OIP to do the maths, i.e.. rectangle Width 2000, Height 1000 I then enter 2000/2 for the Width to make the object half the size however now I need to do that for both w & h, it would save some time being able to just check a 'keep proportions box'.......would also make using the shift unnecessary.

The OIP needs overhaulin...We have had parasolid for over 3 years now with the same data functionality.Thats like having a rolls royce engine with T-Ford instrumentation.. also add rotation constraints, Combine 2D/3D and change the box position to a 3x3x3 matrix with constraints.

Basically I like where the push/pull/plane technology is going but the data needs to be adequately dealt with in the OIP as Vincent has said... do the math

The OIP needs overhaulin...We have had parasolid for over 3 years now with the same data functionality.Thats like having a rolls royce engine with T-Ford instrumentation.. also add rotation constraints, Combine 2D/3D and change the box position to a 3x3x3 matrix with constraints.

Basically I like where the push/pull/plane technology is going but the data needs to be adequately dealt with in the OIP as Vincent has said... do the math

You may find some of what you a looking for in Raymond Mullin's "Reshaper" Wonder Tool(my addition) sorts out many of the foibles that the OIP has been lacking since it's inception.

It doesn't turn VW from a Model-T into a Subaru or a Rolls Royce, and it may lack some of what you are requsting, but, it does give you a MUCH better OIP than NV could ever have dreamed up. Try before you Buy let's you test it to destruction before you splash out, so you may be pleasantly surprised.

Can't find the site now, but i'll post it when i do . . . . .