Export to DWG/DXF

confused.gif" border="0 newbie to vw.

1. I zip and send my vw Arch9 file to my outsource for plotting. He can't open the file, saying it seems to be corrupted or in an old version of minicad. same problem when I send in vw_8.

2. I have FormZ on my machine. When I save in .dwg format, the file icons as a FormZ .dwg. FormZ .dwg misaligns type and loses lineweights.

How can I reassign the .dwgs.

thanks in advance.

Conrad

quote:

Originally posted by mickey:
When exporting to ACAD, text blocks move, line weights are incorrect, the the drawing is not rescaling.WTF!I thought these things where fixed.Please help-mickey

For line weights, please see the DXF section of the VW manual. AutoCAD has a limited number of lineweights available so we convert to the closest one.

What is not rescaling? If you have a particular object that is not rescaling properly please send a copy of the file to me at the email address below. If you mean entire layers are rescaling, make sure you have the rescale layers checkbox checked.

The text anchor point and bounding box should be correct, but due to differences in how each program processes text the text itself might appear offset. This is on our list of things to improve in the future (by changing to a different anchor point if need be).

quote:

Originally posted by Conrad Skinner:
confused.gif" border="0
newbie to vw. 1. I zip and send my vw Arch9 file to my outsource for plotting. He can't open the file, saying it seems to be corrupted or in an old version of minicad. same problem when I send in vw_8. 2. I have FormZ on my machine. When I save in .dwg format, the file icons as a FormZ .dwg. FormZ .dwg misaligns type and loses lineweights.How can I reassign the .dwgs.thanks in advance.Conrad

1 - make sure it is being zipped as a binary file and not as a text file

2 - We export DWG on Macs as creator '????' and type 'DWG '. (The old Mac version of AutoCAD used 'ACAD' and 'DWG '.) It sounds like FormZ is claiming this type as its own. This is harmless-the file is the same regardless of the creator type and icon, but double-clicking will launch FormZ. You can use File Typer to make an autotyper which will let you drag and drop to change the type or creator code. You could try changing the type to BINA (for Binary). They may also have changed your file mapping for .dwg. Go to control panels - Internet - advanced user mode - advanced panel - click on the .dwg entry if there is one - click change button - type the creator and type code you want.