Problem with texture!

cwailes

It looks like you have it set for planar mapping with Auto-Align Planar Mapping turned off.

Select the object. In the OIP go to the render tab.

You will probably have options to render the top, sides, and bottom separately.

You can play with the rendering results by switching which part you want to render and the mapping mode for each part.

Switching to Perimeter mapping or turning on Auto-Align Planar Mapping should get you better results.

hth

mk

Well, the problem is that it is a column object. If I go to the OIP when selecting that column I only get the following attached options. I have the texture applied to the base class in the classes section of the settings for the column. If I set the texture under the Render option on the OIP it applies the texture to the entire column and not just the base.

Hallo,

I've tried it, if the textures are applied to the Parts Column by Classes, the textures show in plane Mode.

I couldn't find a possibility to set the textures to Perimeter..

Looks like a Bug

If one texture is applied directly to the whole column, or through the OIP,

it appears in Perimeter Mode.

regards

Horst M.

Ok, I think I figured out a work around. I applied the stone texture through the OIP, but then went back into the class settings for the column and changed the column base to "column class" and changed the column shaft to a new class named "column-shaft." That seemed to do the trick (see attached). However, I still agree you Horst, that it is a bug and we should be able to change the way the textures are applied for the individual classes of an object, like you can for a 3D modeled object.