Top/Plan? or what?

What does this symbol indicate (see attached file), I have always assumed it means that that specific layer is in Top/Plan view however if this is so then it doesn't work properly. As you can see in the screen dump I am in top/plan but that is not what shows in the pull down menu...?

Edited by Vincent C

That is what it means- I've also recently seen it tagged to Sheet Layers in that dropdown - not only is it not showing for your current layer there is nothing showing for your other layers either. Unless I'm wrong it's a buglette.

Hi...

The reason it shows for some and not others (at least in design layers) is because that particular layer is visible in the navigation palette, whilst the others are invisible. If they were grayed, that particular icon (or the one corresponding to the view that layer is in), will also be grayed in the drop down menu.

But yes, THAT icon DOES mean Top/Plan...

I've had a file where there is a 3D icon in sheet layer that had (and still has) me puzzled. Have not had a chance to investigate that one yet!