Custom Title Block Alignment

Hello;

I just made a custom title block for an 11 x 17 sheet layout. Everything worked according to the video tutorial (http://download2.nemetschek.net/TechTips/Custom_Title_Block/Custom_Title_Block.html) even though I am working with VW2010 and the video was for VW2008. The problem is that, when I put the custom title block on a new page, the title block appears ever so slightly out of alignment with the page border (about a millimeter low and to the right).

Is it possible to alter/edit the position of a title block once it is saved. How would I do this?

Marc

Hello Michaelk;

I was able to find the symbol in the resource browser and, from there, could drag it into a new file to insert it. However, I could not figure out how to open it and edit it from the browser.

I went to the original file (Libraries > Defaults> Sheet Border - Title Blocks > Standard Title Blocks.vwx) and by double-clicking the symbol in that file could bring up the edit menu and correct the symbol alignement.

I could not figure out how to edit a symbol from the resource browser. Can you tell me how to do that?

Marc

Thank you Farookey and Michaelk

Another question in this area. Do you know how to change the default settings for the Sheet Border Settings?

I want the "Dimensions Shown Are:" to always be Outside Dimensions, and also want to set specific margin dimensions.

Thank you,

Marc

You'll have to adjust the parameters for the plug-in object for the sheet border...

The question is, do you wish to keep the default VW settings? or do you not mind over writing them?

My preference is to keep the original VW settings, as for starters, tampering with these will be futile when an update comes along as the default would be restored anyways.

So... firstly... go to the following folder in Vectorworks (in applications)...

VW2010/Plug-ins

and copy the file 'Drawing Border-Universal', and paste it in the same location in your User Folder... By default (on Mac) it should be...

[user]/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/2010/Plug-ins

Launch Vectorworks and got to...

Tools > Scripts > Vectorworks Plug-in Editor

Find the plug-in (Drawing Border-Universal) and select it and click 'Parameters'

Adjust the settings you wish and specify your margins and click OK.

It may NOT work as yet, but ensure that you check on a blank document first. If it has not worked, restart VW and again try on a blank document.

*It is VERY IMPORTANT that you try on a blank document FIRST.*

Your custom-default settings will now work on any file which has not previously used the sheet border tool.

Let us know if it works... It should if you follow the above steps correctly...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Farookey

I followed your instructions but when I tried to set up a sheet and border on a blank page, I got the following error message:

"A VectorScript error has occurred on this locked plug-in. Refer to the file "Error Output" for a further explanation."

Any idea why this happened?

Marc