HDRI not showing up

oli w

I'm having trouble with my HDRIs, I havent used one for a while, and the last time I used one it displayed perfectly...however now the backgrounds don't show up, but the effects of them remain. Am I doing something stupid here? Using renderworks 2011 on mac. Thankyou

thanks mike-very odd-even though i followed the instructions as stated on the guide it still only showed the effects but not the background, but then i went to the hdri in the resource browser and pressed apply..and then it worked! cheers

Hi there...

How did you apply the HDRI the first time (when it didn't work)?

If it was through the View > Lighting > Set Lighting Options dialog box, at which point you selected 'From Selected Background' radio button, and selected your desired background...

This would only apply the LIGHTING EFFECTS of the HDRI.

In order to have both, the lighting effect and background of the same HDRI, you must apply it separately to the particular layer. This can be done by navigating to the 'Organization' dialog and editing the particular design layer (and selecting your desired HDRI background). Ensure that 'From CURRENT Background' radio button is selected in View > Lighting > Set Lighting Options dialog box.

Chances are, by 'applying' it as you did, it may have been added to THAT PARTICULAR design layer...

Let us know if it works...