Can you install Service Pack without deleting customized VW settings?

I'm fairly new to updating Vectorworks for my office. We have installed 2011 but most projects are still in 2010. I want to update our computers to the latest SP3 before allowing others to start projects in 2011, but wanted to find out if there is a way to keep the service pack from overwriting custom settings? Is there a way, or do I need to just redo it all after the update?

Any response would be helpful. Thanks!

This is not a good advise, Farookey.

Each user in the group will keep on rewriting the settings fully unconsciously. Placing user folders on a shared driver does NOT mean that the settings are shared. It just means that each team member overwrites.

At least on Windows and according to your server settings you might get into quirky troubles having user rewriting settings at the same time.

A file such as SavedSettingsUser.xml will nead to read and rewrite continuously at each opening of certain dialogs.

The proper location for shared resources is a Workgroup Folder, but settings/workspaces placed there are always ignored.

If you upgrade versions, for example from VW 2010 to 2011 (not builds such as from SP2 to SP3) it is also HIGHLY advisable to restart from scratch and never recycle both settings and workspaces.

orso