lines locked- but no classes/layers locked... any help?

Hello,

I am a new vectorworks user, and I originally had my floor plans on a 45 degree. I rotated everything back to 90 degrees (not sure if this was the issue). Suddenly most of my lines are locked and I cant click on them or snap to them.

I have show/snap/modify on,

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Nadia

Edited by Nadia

Nadia, could you post your file so other might have a look? Also, what VW's and OS versions are you running?

Objects should not become "locked" unless the user locks them (using menu item: Modify>Lock). And "locked" objects should still be selectable (and thereby able to be unlocked; Modify>Unlock).

If you are experiencing strange or unexpected behavior the very first thing I would try is to quit and restart VW's... If the problem(s) persist, operator error might indeed be the cause... In which case having a look at your file could prove helpful...

Hello Nadia,

???You can have "show/snap/modify" set for Layers and also for Classes. The settings are independent of each other. The most important one to have set to "show/snap/modify" is Classes, otherwise only objects in the Active Class may be selectable and editable. You can change the Active Class with the PopUp Menu at the top left of the drawing window, or with the CMD-LeftArrow and CMD-RightArrow keys.

???If this doesn't help, then do as Peter suggests and post a sample file.

Raymond