problem selecting objects

Jane

I'm trying to take the set from one drawing and drop into a full theatre drawing. Most of the objects will select, but having a problem with a few things (like masking & a couple of scenery walls)that won't select, even though I have show/snap/modify selected for both classes and layers. Any ideas? I'm using VW2010 on a PC. Thanks!

Make sure all the layers are the same scale. No matter what the layer / class view options you can't select something on a different layer with a different scale.

If all layers are the same scale:

Try right clicking on an object and choose force select.

Try holding down the option key and dragging across the object.

Try select all.

hth

mk

Thanks Michael,

What I realized while checking layer scale is that the things I couldn't select were on a layer that's a template. I can select things on that layer, but not at the same time that I select the other objects in the set which are on different layers. Not a big thing, I can take them over to the new drawing separately, but wondering if there's a way to modify or "ungroup" the things in the template so that I can select everything at the same time.