Render Crashes Spotlight 2011

briankarol

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting back into wireframe on my design layer. Here's the issue-

1. I am rendered in unshaded polygons on a viewport in a sheet layer in a right iso view.

2. When I return to design layer 1, the drawing re-renders in unshaded polygons successfully in the same right iso view.

3. When I select "wireframe" or change the view, my drawing goes non-responsive, and i have to force quit. I have tried turning off all classes when i'm rendered, and letting it re-render without classes turned on, and it never finishes the "destroy list" progress, it just stalls out. I have also tried hitting escape when i first select the design layer and it begins rendering. No luck.

Does anyone know of a work-around so i can get back into wireframe?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Spotlight 2011

Windows 7

• 2 weeks later...

new issue, same subject. Trying to render a decent sized file in final quality, and after 54 minutes, i gave up. It didn't crash, but the progress bar was not moving My info is below, please help. Thanks. This drawing is now starting to lag when moving around in wireframe also.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Brian,

Typically the lag or slow renderings are caused by an object that has a problem with the geometry or an excessive number of polygons.

Start by checking the symbols that you used. If you have a good layer and class structure try turning off layers and classes till you find the one that makes things speed up and concentrate on those objects.

VW ships with some very detailed symbols and if you use one or two in a drawing it may take 30 seconds to render but when you use 300 of them the rendering time is going to be more like 2 hours. (30sec x 300)