Sheet Border Tool: Revision Field

Hello,

3 queries...

1. This has already been asked for in a previous page, but there was no link to a solution; I would basically like a way to export PDFs and add the current revision to the file name, just as the sheet number and sheet title does automatically. They had mentioned there that it may be possible through a vectorscript, so would appreciate it if anyone can assist in that department as i know nothing about VS.

2. I have created a custom title block with custom revisions. Our blocks also have the current revision number in a box in the bottom right corner. Is there any way that I can automate this, so that the CURRENT revision is automatically shown here?

3. Is it possible to change the default format for the date in VW 2011? The 'Add Revision dialog' has the current date as default, but the format is different to what we use.

eg. Default - 2/21/2011, Desired - 21 Feb '11

Thank you...

Awaiting reply

It looks like there is enough functions to be able to do this with Vectorscript. You can get the name of the current file, you can get the current revision from the title block, you can create a PDF and give it a name.

My best guess is it would take someone 4 to 6 hours to write the script. Most of which would be spent duplicating the existing functions of Export PDF.

I would think that if you have some money available someone would be willing to write this for you. If not, you need to hope that someone needs this for themself and is willing to share after they write it.

Thank you very much Pat...

Some hope at the end of the tunnel; it's just a matter of getting there now. This is of course, the PDF export query...

What about the current revision field? Would a major script be needed for THAT as well, or is there something that I can place as a record field similar to ':rNo', but for JUST the current revision?

And of course my 3rd query on the date format... Do you have any LIGHT which you can shed on that?

Thanks again for your reply...

What about the current revision field? Would a major script be needed for THAT as well, or is there something that I can place as a record field similar to ':rNo', but for JUST the current revision?

I'm with Farookey on this one - it can't be that hard: there must be a straightforward parameter which records the latest revision letter (or number), which can be placed in a field in the title block. This is what computers are for!

Rob