Clip Surface Command

I am using VW 12.5 (Fundamentals, RenderWorks). I create a 2-D shape using the polyline tool. Within that shape, I create other, smaller shapes using the same tool. All these shapes are traces using an image that I delete after the tracing.

This is what I have always done to cut the smaller objects out of the large object:

o Use Send to Back for the outer object

o Use the 2D Selection Tool to select everything

o Use Modify/Clip Surface

For some reason, one of the inside objects doesn't clip. I can't determine how this one object is different from the others.

Note: if I select and delete the objects that successfully clipped and then repeat the above three steps, the reluctant object then clips as expected.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Thanks.

I used the shape that doesn't clip and copy/paste to create the other shapes that do clip, so they all should be the same (other than a rotation) and if that original one was not closed they all should be not closed. But I'll check tomorrow at work to see if I did anything later on to the original shape that would make it not closed. However, after the first clip attempt, when I repeat the three steps in my original post, the shape that didn't clip the first time does clips the second time around - without having done anything to close it.

I'm not sure what you mean by locating the object that is misbehaving. There is one object that after the Modify/Clip command that misbehaves by not clipping. No problem to locate it.

Thanks.