ramp questions

gester

hi,

i've just started to construct my first ramp in vw. i'ts a residential house with two garage storeys. the lower ramp has three sections: the first 4 meters with a 10% rise, then the main part with a 20% rise and to the end the third, 4-meter part with a 10% rise again.

i've set the parts to the real z-axis values (i.e. the second part starts on the height where the first one winds up) and the result is seen on the section.

my questions, as i find the ramps non-editable:

1. how can i connect the parts to have then with constant thickness all the way up?

2. how can i trim the last part on the top to have it ending along the navy blue line, not just as a square, as it is now?

floor plan -2.pdf

section.pdf

thanks in advance.

bye,

rob

• 2 weeks later...

i've tried to draw the missing triangular parts in the front view, then extruding to the whole ramp width, so i'm aware of the possibility. it's even possible to have the volume to it, too.

my only concern here is the ifc export. do i have to assign the ifc-ramp class (or how is it called) to the volume manually or is there any trick to have it exported with the whole pack automatically?

thanks for feedback, michael.

rob

Cool!

The benefit to creating the ramp as an extrude over using 3 roof objects is getting the thickness correct where the sections join

You can attach ifc data to the geometry you draw for the ramp. AEC>IFC Data...>Select the type of object > fill in data

Interestingly, there's no default setting for a 3 part straight ramp....

mk

i've checked the ifc documentation about the ramp objects.

as i understand correctly the ifcramp is the container for all aggregated elements: instances of ifcrampflight and ifcslab (with the type 'landing'). if it is so, the ramp should be divided into all composing parts. the trouble lies here in the ifcrelaggregates relationships.

or is it not necessary and the sole ifcramp instance suffices? does anybody know?

the main reason of my question is the decision if the ramp object should be set as a ifcramp or ifcrampflight (the only two possibilities).

thanks.

rob