Label Legend layout problems

AliaS

I'm using a student version of 2010 on Mac OSX 10.6.3

I'm having a couple of problems...

I added a new field to the label legend and tried to place it in front of a light next to another field, but the layout was kind of tricky and they overlapped.

Now it's stuck like that, and no matter where I move the new field (user field for frost) it stays in the same place on some of the lights. I can remove it and the layout returns to normal, but as soon as I put it back, even way out to the side, it's goes to the position I originally put it.

The second problem I'm having...

I tried to remake the label legend completely, but the instrument shown in the layout editor is an iris. Apparently the instrument shown in the editor is supposed to be the active instrument in when I created the legend? The active instrument was a source four which does not have an iris...how can I fix this? This happened once before on another file and I never managed to fix it.

Thanks!

2nd problem first:

In the Resource Browser there will be a folder called Label Legends.

Double click on the folder to get into the folder.

Right click on the legend you want to edit. Choose Edit...

Choose 2D.

Select the symbol. In the OIP click Replace... and choose the symbol you want.

Not sure I understand the first problem. Posting a file with one instrument and the label legend might help...

hth

mk