Disappearing Palettes in OS X

I've noticed a little bug in VW 9.5 under OS X.Some times all of my palettes disappear. It usually happens when I switch between several different apps, but it dosen't happen every time.

Sometimes I can simpley open all of the palettes again by using the Paletts menu. Other times this does not work and I have to quit and restart VW and then open the palettes again.

Any one else seeing this?

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:
I've noticed a little bug in VW 9.5 under OS X.Some times all of my palettes disappear. It usually happens when I switch between several different apps, but it dosen't happen every time.

Sometimes I can simpley open all of the palettes again by using the Paletts menu. Other times this does not work and I have to quit and restart VW and then open the palettes again.

Any one else seeing this?

By chance does clicking the title bar of a document window make the palettes reappear? We've seen this problem in previous versions of OS X (notably pre-OS 10.1).

Are you using the latest OS X?

Lyndsey

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, after a couple weeks of watching this here's what I know.

It dosen't matter if classic is running or not.

Its seems totally random. After I first posted this I didn't do anything differently but the problem went away for a week or so. Its started again.

If it happens and I hide VW and then click in in the dock to make it active again I get my palettes back.

rolleyes.gif" border="0

Very strange

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:
Alright, after a couple weeks of watching this here's what I know.

It dosen't matter if classic is running or not.

Its seems totally random. After I first posted this I didn't do anything differently but the problem went away for a week or so. Its started again.

If it happens and I hide VW and then click in in the dock to make it active again I get my palettes back.

rolleyes.gif" border="0

Very strange

Another thought occurred to me. Perhaps you are switching out of VectorWorks to another application and then clicking the VectorWorks document to find that it is the only VectorWorks window showing?

If that is the case, you can click the VectorWorks icon in OS X's dock to bring back all the windows. If this solves the problem then we can go about the work needed to solve this.

Let me know if this solves the problem.