Plotting a rendered drawing.

Which is the best way of plotting or printing a rendered drawing?

At the moment I have VA9.5 with renderworks, Encad Croma24 plotter, running on P3 600mhz, W98, 512ram & 32Vram.

I can't print directly to the plotter from VA95. So I export to a JPEG file at 800x600 pixels and print from a photo program which isn't that great.

Does anyone have a better way of doing this?

Nope,Your doing exactly what I do. The only suggestion I have is you can increase the pixel dimension of the image when you export. I usually export mine at about 3000 pixels wide, VW will automatically adjust the width. Don't change the dpi.

Then in your photo editor change the Physical size of the image while preserving the pixel dimension, the image editor should be able to recalculate the dpi to match your new Physical dimension. In Photo shop you do this by deselecting the "resample image" in the image size dialogue. This keeps all the pixel information when you resize. I hope this makes sense. Anyway in the end you should end up with an image that prints at 8 1/2 x 11 at around 300 dpi.

I don't like Printing out of VW because you have to render the image to see it and then VW has to render it again to print it, every time you want to print. If you export the image you can print as many copies as you like without have to rerender every time.

Good Luck