mouse pointer style

is it possible to change the mouse pointer style in vectorworks, I can change it winthin windows to a cross but when I move the mouse over the drawing area it changes back to a arrow head, although when the mouse is over the palettes or menus the pointer changes to a cross! I've tried turning on the full screen cursor but the arrow head is still there.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The cursor in Vectorworks will change depending on the active tool you have selected. Other than the full-screen cursor preference, these are all set within the program and cannot be changed by the user.

For example, when you change to a drawing function, the cursor changes to a small cross. For most standard picking operations, the cursor is an arrow.

You can make changes to some of the interactive cursor settings, such as how visible and in what color you would like to see your snap and pick boxes, etc. Look at the "Interactive" tab on the Vectorworks Preferences dialog.