NURBS problems

I am attempting to creat a simple NURBS surface from a series of nurbs curves. Anything and everything I do says that I have

Surface could not be created from Curve network.

1. I have created my geometry, and I have a nurbs curve attached to where I want to see the arch in the surface.

Any advice or tips? (Forgive me as I am brand new at this)

Firstly; you mention a surface and curves. The command will work on a number of intersecting NURBS curves.

And that's the second thing: they must intersect to form a closed shape.

And there's the problem. Much like lofting multiple curves along a rail; the individual Nurbs curves are pretty hopeless at snapping to each other.

I've had some success by snapping 3D loci to the curves individually (which seems to work OK) and grouping the locus to it's curve, then bringing the groups togehter till the loci snap to each other.

HTH

N.

I'm having some trouble picturing what an "odd shaped polygonal chunk of jelly" might look like ;-)

........perhaps you could be more descriptive?

In general, though, the Loft tool will give you surfaces that "merge" different profiles; for instance a polygon at one end and a complex curve at the other.

BTW, I forgot to mention, you will have more luck snapping to NURBS if you make the curves such that there is a vertex at the point you want to snap to, ie the intersection points.

cheers,

N.