English name for this kind of wall

I need some help from all you Native English speakers.

How do you call it when a Wall Component goes around the corner at the Wall Opening?

For example: you have a brick wall (the green one in the image) and at the Wall Opening, the bricks will go around the corner, they got rotated 90?.

In Dutch it's called "Steense Slag" or "Diepe Negge", but i can't find the correct Englich translation.

Anybody an idea?

By the way, sitting the window frame behind the face of the reveal brick, as you have shown (so that the window frame must be fitted from the inside of the building), is called a "checked reveal" in the UK, and is compulsory in Scotland due to its better weathering resistance. Standard practice in England is to fit the frame from the outside and rely on sealant for the weatherproofing.

By the way, sitting the window frame behind the face of the reveal brick, as you have shown (so that the window frame must be fitted from the inside of the building), is called a "checked reveal" in the UK, and is compulsory in Scotland due to its better weathering resistance.

Nice little titbit, thanks. I presume that also precludes the Scots from being able to use modular windows like Velfac's?

You can use Velfac or Rationel windows with checked reveals, but you need to get them to supply a packer which is glued and screwed to the frame, to sit behind the reveal check.

Not sure about the modular window-walls, where you join the frames together to make a glazed wall, but once you are clear of the reveal, it shouldn't be a problem to fix the frames from the outside in that arrangement.