MORE drop down lists in OIP

td4stage

Question

When I am working on my light plots, I use the OIP to edit quite a bit of information. It seems that it would be real useful to have more OIP fields with prepopulated drop down lists. Right off the top of my head I could think of:

Purpose

Instrument Type

Label Legend

Color

Position

Pretty much, once a bit on information is typed in, say color, it is then available in the drop down and when you add a new color, IT is available as well. These seems like a no brainer and a great time saver!

2 answers to this question

i'll go with that. You might want to have a word with Ray Mullin, the author of "Reshaper" he may be able to add some or all of your desired requirements to his little "Wonder Tool". He's always open to suggestions and keeps it updated and very useable. It's a really great little Plug~In.

If you are not already familiar with it, check it out at Sirius Solutions

http://www.siriussolutions.net

where you can download it, try it, and maybe get your needs added to it to help you out.

Andi

Good idea.

I'd also like the ability to reorganize the OIP. Especially the Spotlight instrument OIP, which is not well laid out.

Until then, you might try using worksheets to enter data. You can copy and paste over a range of database cells, and resort the instruments any way you need.