How to Move Items to a Different Layer?

OOPS... I'm typing this from a 'ship at sea' and the satellite dropped part of the above...

Ray--that's what i've been trying to do--but when I change the layer in the OIP Drop-Down Menu, it just disappears! I have also tried the cut-n-paste method as well. But to no avail.

All of the "new layer's" attributes I left in their default. I'm still too green to just start a-changin' them all.

I just need to better organize these 80+ classes that are all in one-layer.

What settings do I need to change to make it visible. in the Navigation Pallet I change the visability and it is totally empty.

thank goodness for CTRL-Z. :-)

I changed the scale to 1:1 and the two sets of items don't all match up--but what is "out" of the drawing now is in the new Design Layer--but I suppose I can re-draw all of that (not that much) -- but is there a way to re-scale so that all match up?

Or is this one of those learning-curve nights and no way around it when I allowed the import to remain in it's native import scale and all others in the 1:1 default?

Ciao!

Preston,

Are you using PASTE, or PASTE IN PLACE? The latter keeps items registered even when pasting on layers at different scales.

Also, you can change the scale of any layer at any time and not lose your registration.

Lastly, are you importing DXF Layers as CLASSES (default) or as LAYERS? That setting is under the Graphic Attributes tab, which you will find behind the Set Custom Options... button if you are importing multiple DXF/DWG files at once.

If you use the As Layers option it should split your data to design layers for you.

HTH,

Raymond