2D VW DRAWINGS IN 3D

I see one can view a 2D drawing in 3D via a pdf vector based. My question is how is possible to view non vector pdf based, or images in 3D using active layer plane; or view a VW 2D drawing in 3D using the layer plane. Your help shall be appreciated.

Thanks

DonVid

Thanks, it works like a charm.

I notice that when 2D objects are viewed in 3D lost their attributes (e.g. fills, pattern, colors). Is there a way to keep these attributes; also an imported vector based pdf loose its attributes as well.

Thanks for your advise.

DonVid

Hi:

For a pdf I am just talking about colors applied to drawings and then showed on the pdf. When the pdf is imported those colors are shown on Screen Plane, but when one changes to Layer Plane colors do not show.

Your explanation is very helpful.

Thanks

I am still on VW2009 but would it be too much trouble to convert your 2D poly's to 3D polygons? You loose the 2D fill attribute in top plan view but gain it in 3D. Could you duplicate the 2D in place and convert those to 3D? This would give you both views with attributes but might prove troublesome otherwise. Perhaps I don't understand your needs.