Accessories in 3D floating above the Instruments

This is a small thing--and I've searched the threads back to 2004 and not seen any reference to this--so I must have a wonky setting somewhere--or missed the short-bus to school that day... ...

I place accessories; top hats, scrollers, etc., on the instruments--and they attach fine in 2D. But when I switch to 3D, they are floating above the instrument--same angle--same locale if the instrument were up on the same plane.

If I check the 'Set 3D Orientation' on the Accessory--the only options I get are X Rotation and Y Rotation. I have to be able to adjust the Z somewhere--or I have that automatic feature turned off somewhere.

However I do have one accessory that appears to 3D orientate correctly--the SeaChanger. (a new SoftSymbol from Field Template)

I'm out of my limited ideas--only been actively using VW for about 2-weeks now...

One of my pet peeves, too!

The accessory symbol can't sense the instrument geometry and place itself correctly.

A color scroller on a S4 Par is in a different place than the same color scroller on a S4 Ellipsoidal. But the scroller symbol doesn't know that.

I always edit the accessory symbol to make it fit. Place the accessory on an instrument, switch to a 3d view. Measure how far it needs to move in the Z and X axis. Edit the 3D part of the accessory symbol and move the geometry.

You will have to have a separate symbol for each spacing. ie separate symbols for scrollers on ellipsoidals, S4 Pars, and Par 64s.

The good news is you only have to figure it out once, and then you can import those symbols into other drawings.

hth

michaelk