How to make a Domed Skylight

Kevin

I am not familiar with the 3D tools. I have looked over the manual and do not see how to do this.

I am looking to make a standard acyrlic domed skylight. These are square or rectangular in plan with a blow molded acrylic dome.

All that I really need is to form the dome, the rest is easy. I am using VWA 11.0.1

[ 09-04-2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Kevin ]

Nicholas;

Thank you very much. Your instructions worked perfect. I don't see how I would have ever figured this out on my own.

Your instructions for a "Ship's Sail" are thorough and easy to follow, very well written. I do think though that one item needs to be changed. See below:

quote:

Originally posted by propstuff:

...Use the 3D selection tool to select the NURBS object if it is not selected (it should still be) and look at the rectangle; it will have Vertex "handles" at each corner...

I think that it is the 3D Reshape Tool and not the 3D Selection Tool that you are speaking of. I could not get this to work with the Selection Tool, but it worked like a charm with the Reshape tool.

Once again, thank you very much.

Kevin

• 4 months later...