Viewport Layer Color

Seems that a viewport 'remembers' the ducument preferences display setting for use layer colors, black and white only, etc. Even if I change these preferences, the viewport stays unchanged and holds the setting from when I created it. Any suggestions? Is this a 2010 bug?

Okay then how do I change the preferences to black and white only, or to use layer colors or to none of the above? If I want a gray fill color to appear and print I have to uncheck both of the above options and that doesn't make a difference if I created the viewport with 'use layer colors' selected for instance.

To set a viewport to Black and White, select the viewport and click the Advanced Properties button at the bottom of the Object Info Palette (OIP), Check the box labeled Black and White Only and click OK.

To use Layer Colors, Click the Layers button in the OIP and check the column to the right of the Layer Name (shows three colored planes) for each layer you want to use Layer Colors. If you want to customize the layer color for the viewport, select the layer in the Viewport Layer Properties dialog box and click the Edit button. Then from the Edit Viewport Design Layers dialog box click the Colors button.

Do these do what you need? If not, I will need a better explanation of how your drawing is set up and what you are trying to do.

• Like 1

I understand all that. But what I cannot seem to achieve after a viewport has been created is a color setting that has BOTH the 'black and white only' and 'use layer colors' checkboxes UNCHECKED. Solid fill colors other than white or black do not appear in a 'black and white only' or a 'use layer colors' environment. It seems that unless the viewport is created with these two options unchecked, it's impossible to achieve this setting through use of the document preferences or OIP. This seems like loss of functionality to me.