Instrument Labels All Messed Up, Help!

I am using VectorWorks 12.5 and Lightwright 4. I was just going about my business in VectorWorks when I noticed all of my instruments were no longer displaying label data correctly. Instead of the unit number, channel, dimmer, color, etc there are just these weird squares, lines, and tildes in place of the text. I tried refreshing instruments, reassigning label legends, replacing instrument symbols, nothing makes the data appear correctly again. When I select the light the object info shows all the correct information, it just isn't being displayed.

I tried making a new label legend from scratch but when I go in to edit the layout instead of seeing the words "Unit Number", "Purpose", "Channel", etc I just see the same blank squares in place of the text. Nearly every font I try to use (except for really weird ones like Symbol and Wingdings) shows up the same way, just squares instead of text.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong? The crazy part is I wasn't even doing anything pertaining to the instruments, I was working on scenery and drawings! Please help!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You probably have a bad font or a font that VW 12 does not like for some reason.

Try deleting the font mappings in VW then try creating a a new label legend. I've seen this problem with several custom and hand letteering type fonts and the only way to fix it is to repair the original font or replace the text.