Copying General Notes issue

I have a standard set of General Notes which I have used for several projects, copying and pasting them into each new job. However, on my current job, the notes don't paste as notes, but as a numbered list of path references to the database file, eg [:VW:]\Plug-Ins\Common\Data\Notes\General Notes.txt'. When I edit the notes, the Notes Manger loads them from the database, but when I click on a note in the Description box, the Note Text does not show the appropriate text but I get an 'Database file could not be loaded' error message and the path reference in the Active Database box changes to (no database selected) even though the correct database was initially shown, and the database sections and notes remain unchanged. Re-selecting the correct database does not result in the correct notes being displayed on the drawing. What I then have to do is individually select each note, get the 'Database file could not be loaded' message, Ok that, select the appropriate note description and update each note in the Selected General Notes Object, which as you may imagine is a monumental pain in the a.... How has this happened and how can I fix it?

Jan

VW2008 SP3 MacOSX 10.5.8

• 13 years later...

Today is July 2023 and I hit the same problem described above. 

The solution I finally found was to use a command: Text / Reconcile Notes... and then choose the current Database with .xml extension in my user Folder.

Before getting my final answer I spent hours and days reading on VW forum. Thanks to David Hamer who helped me with UUID, but the solution was just to Reconcile Notes.

If you want to know more about UUID, read the forum topic below:

P.S. The problem with the loading the current Database shown on screenshot below:

Screenshot2023-07-25at1_11_11PM.thumb.jpg.c4ef9d2b4ffea67999e693e4472847fe.jpg

Edited by ashot
  • Like 1