Vertical default layers

Doe's anyone know how to build a document with vertical layers. Or if you prefere, with the front view being de default (plan) view.

My company design closets, and they need to be designed vertically.

I know that it is possible to work verically with the working plans, but that is much more complicated.

It is also possible to use de top view as principal view, but then the other view are wrong (that could be ok) but also 90? rotated. That makes the work very complicated...

Thank's for your help.

It sounds like you're orientating you objects so that you're looking at it's front view but in VW's top/plan view, hence when you switch to right or left view the closet is lying on it's side. At least I think that's what you mean.

You need to rotate your closet so that the front view is the VW front view. I would do this by selecting different views, say top view and/or right view and rotating the closet (cmd-L) to be the coresponding view in VW. (see PDF)

I may have misunderstood you, so apologies if that is the case. Can you post a file so there is a better inderstanding of what you mean?

Edited by GWS

Maybe I am not understanding either, if so apologies in advance.

A closet would have a plan view as well as side views and all the other views. Start in plan view and add wall objects or extrudes, doors, etc. Place back of closet at y=0. When creating items best shown from front of closet, switch to front view. Objects will come into the drawing at back of closet. If any of these need to be moved forward, use the 3d move command or switch to side or plan view and move or drag them.

Newer versions of VW make this pretty easy. Click on My Stuff near top of this forum window and create a signature showing your VW version, operating system and some hardware spec. That makes it easier for responders.

-B

Thanks, you understood my problems quit right.

The thing is that I have to configure a template for a bunch of interior architects. They don't have the time, the will or the calification to play with the diffetent views. I would like to set the set the front view as the plan view because they always draw the closets starting with the front view. And I would like to configure the right and left view with not need to rotate them every time. Do you know if this is possible?

I guess I could create and save the rotated left, right and top views and keep the top/plan view as the front (main view) for the closets. Do you know how to save views and have access to them from the view panel?

Thank you

Edited by musisback

I would suggest selecting the front view before you start drawing the cabinets, that way you'll have less organising later on. I set some keyboard shortcuts for the main views I need. The default for top/plan is cmd>5, and I have front view as cmd>6 and right view as cmd>7.

You can save views by going to the top of the drawing window and clicking on the save view menu (see attached image).

You can also access the saved views from this menu as well.