Label problems

Luffer

Beginner with VW2010 creating my first plot. Managed to create my LPO bars in 2D/3D and placed my lanterns on them in the Light Plot layer. All good so far....

Now I placed my lanterns facing to CS rather that US, basically a simple 4 colour wash with Par64s. So labels are all wrong since the are in front/behind the lantern. I edited the Label Legend Manager to create a new "horizontal" layout with dimmer above and channel below. This worked fine!

So I get one half of the bar finished and then use the mirror tool, but now my dimmer is below and the channel above... this isn't right, so how do I correct this? I've made another new label layout, but can't see how to assign it to these lanterns, also seems like there should be an easier way?

Any advise?

Okay that worked, but seems a bit clunky and long winded. Isn't there a way that VW can assign the label according to the LPO? So it would always put the either side of it?

Example:

[font:Courier New]

Ch      Ch       Ch      Ch

__     ____     ____

/  \   |    \   /    |   |  |

======|  |===|    |===|    |===|  |======

|  |   |____/   \____|   \__/

Cir     Cir      Cir      Cir

[/font]

Basically, that shows 4 fixtures each facing a different direction, but each label is consistent with the channel above and circuit below.

Can VW2010 automatically assign labels like this without me having to create 4 label legends and assign them to each lamp?

It should be able to figure out the orientation of the lantern in relation to the LPO and do it without me wasting time making it look right.

Edited by Luffer

Thanks, this works better :) Still not 100% happy since the offset between the fixture and the label are different for different instruments. Even though it's using the same label legend.

So a Parcan and S4 would be:

[font:Courier New]

Channel

Channel

______

|      \      |-------\

=======| Color |=====| Color |======

|______/      |-------/

[/font]

Is this something that I just have to put up with? Doesn't make the drawing look very unified.

Appreciate all your help by the way!

Keep in mind that I could be totally wrong about this... But I think the way is used to work, and probably still does, is this:

Text data inside the symbol geometry are placed inside the symbol relative to the center of the the symbol. (or maybe the insertion point. not sure) The result is that smaller symbols will squish the interior data closer together.

Text data outside the symbol geometry are placed at the same distance from the edge of the symbol geometry as specified in the label legend manager. The result is that larger symbols will place exterior data further from the center of the symbol - but the same distance from the edge of the symbol - as a smaller symbol.

Not what you are looking for...

michaelk