UVW mapping options?

JLIT

Does VW 2010 allow you to map UVWs? I need to create a custom size LED Screen and export it to ESP Vision. Anyone have some tips how to create the maping?

____

AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 4400+ 2.21GHz,2.00GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 (x2), Windows XP Pro SP2, VW2010, ESP Vision 2.3

Justin -

Have you looked into our VS4-LED tool (http://www.landrudesign.com/VWPlugIns.htm)? It will create the geometry for LED arrays, such as MiPIX, LC, ColourWeb, etc. and map textures, taking into account the 3D structure and the spacing between the nodes. Though I haven't had a chance to try it yet, the geometry and texture should export to Vision.

I'm not sure how to answer your UVW question.

Might this answer your need?

Correct, I use the VSx-LED plug-in and 3d studio max. I am not sure what the original thread question was, I think it was more of a misunderstanding.

I like the VSx-LED plugin if you are trying to keep everything in vectorworks. For some of our projects we will draw plots of the system as well as a 3D viz model for ESP Vision. Like you said it is not something that imports and exports.

Basically a uvw map in 3d studio is sort of like a locked texture mapping in vectorworks and allows us to say these 100 cylinders represent versatubes and are getting a map sent to them from a catalyst, hippo, whatever. So in 3d studio with the esp plugins you can choose what is getting that media.

Your plug in is great for what it is a vectorworks tool that allows you to quickly and easily create a layout of various led products and map an image in vectorworks to it.

I would say a next step would be to map video to it, that may be a dream for vectorworks, but would help keep it competitive with other programs as well as the ability to export to esp.