How do you DIM lighting units

Hunter B

I'm feeling silly.. I'm using VW2010 and cannot figure out how to dim lighting units. I upgraded from vw12.5 and that was easy. Just slide the fader...

Also does anybody know why it's so complicated just to turn on and off a light. IT seems to me that the visuilzation pallete is just a unneccesary step that used to be in the object info pallette.

If you right click on an instrument and choose Edit Light... you will get a editing palette called "Properties" - [Not to be confused with the palette you get when you choose Properties... which is also called "Properties". (That HAS to be a mistake!)] - You control the light from there.

From the Vis Palette you can also right click on a light (or use the little triangle) and get to the same "Properties" (not the other "Properties") palette.

I'm guessing that the interface is working this way because it is universal for light objects in the rest of Vectorworks. But you're right, the Vis palette takes a while to get used to...

MK