Design Layer Viewport Boundary Issues

Gytis

I'm having trouble with the boundary indicated by selection/pre-selection for DLVPs. Specifically, it is much larger than expected--making it hard to work with the DLVPs because of all sorts of overlapping.

I have spent some time trouble-shooting, i.e. looking for "hidden" objects like lights, dimensions, or loci which might create the unexpected results. The bottom line is that for a particular design layer, even when ALL classes are turned off, the boundary is still large and unexpected.

IF I change to another design layer (still leaving all classes off) THEN the boundary changes to the expected: minimal, microscopic dot.

IF I navigate to the design layer from the DLVP and Select All, there is nothing.

IF I delete all other objects on the design layer, all is good!

Any ideas or experiences why or how a mysterious object does not respond to class control for a DLVP?

Screenshots:

dvlpprobs.png

dvlpprobs1.png

dvlpprobs2.png

dvlpprobs3.png

why DLVP, why not make this object a symbol?

Long story here.

Short-ish version:

• I use the DLVPs to keep file size manageable and efficient. 3D model in one file, unit-level shop drawings in another (or three).
  • I use DLVPs to populate a template Sheet Layer with multiple view Viewports. If straight from the model the VP objects are all over the place.
  • A symbol requires an additional click for editing and additional management time (name, insertion, location, etc.) Already a PIO....

is this an interiorcad object?

It is indeed.

I think I've made progress on the original issue. I bit by bit deleted objects until I isolated the offending animal. I'm pretty sure it is the light objects which stretched the DLVP boundary. Even in their own class, turned off!!??

Will report back with hard facts--and file bug report if in fact readily reproducible.