Save Custom Lines?

I saw Jonathan Pickup's Custom Line creation video and thought I would try to make a drain line that included repeating symbols showing pipe size - i.e. a dashed line with "6" markings to represent 6 inch diam. drain pipe.

I figured out how to make the line following the video's technique but so far haven't figured out if I can save it to my pallete as a standard line for the class ""6" Drain Pipe."

Can this be done, or does each drawing require recreating this line type?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan,

Thanks. I found I did have to group a box and the text, rather than text only to make a symbol. But it still appears I would recreate the line every project that has a 6" drain line in it, and then put it in the 6" drain line class, if I am reading you right, rather than activate the class and have it draw that line automatically?

Right now I use colors to distinguish different drain pipe sizes, but am thinking the label would be better if the sheets are ever copied in B&W. I just got 2020, and with more dash line styles, I may be able to do it that way, too.

But, nothing says "6 Inch Drain pipe" like a label saying, well ....."6 Inch Drain pipe"

Thanks for the great tips and training manuals. OT, but any thoughts on your site model tutorial coming up on 10.5?