Plug-in Object Data Control-Doors and Windows

visard

I'm in the process of going from schematics to CD's and replacing placeholder plug-ins with more accurate objects. Problem seems to be that now that the objects have been created I'm not able to control them, or more accurately I'm uncertain which palettes control. At this point the original symbols have some information and remnants of the preference settings. The OIP doesn't control, nor does the Settings palette with-in the OIP. Settings in both palettes such as frame sizes, appear in grey and cannot be overwritten. Any clarity would be appreciated.

Hard to say where to start on this... I used PIOs doors and windows, which were symbolized, to create schematic designs. When developing drawings to CDs I have used revised symbols to more accurately show trim conditions, etc. In this process I have noticed that I am unsure which palette controls what. ie. - there's the OIP palette, the settings palette within the OIP palette, the window settings palette from edit, and the symbols settings palette. Where as, these palettes appear to be redundant it doesn't follow that the settings can be universally set with any of these. and because the data headers are often slightly different from each other multiple palettes need to be edited. As an example - the window heights were set in the OIP palette as 6'8" heads, the objects where symbolized, inserted, modified, and scheduled. In the scheduling process, marker numbers were assigned by double clicking to edit and to indicate show on schedule. In this process I noticed that the window heights are now set to reference sill heights, no amount of coaxing or threatening allows me to reset to 6'8" heads. No palette appears to be capable of editing this setting and the symbol settings indicate that the windows are still referencing a 6'8" head. And I find that the OIP shows that the sill elevations are set to varying heights which can only be modified by selecting the object and editing in the OIP. I assume that this is a sequence problem which I don't seem to be able to unravel reading the opinionless, nonsequential drivel in the manual. Your thoughts are appreciated.